“The scorpion somehow got in the family’s luggage,” said Sergeant Scott Whittemore. “They went to unpack at the house and a victim was stung.”
The baby scorpion was “quite agitated” when it first crawled out of the luggage, Whittemore said. The woman who was stung was not seriously injured and refused further medical attention after being evaluated by EMTs, Whittemore said. “Apparently, baby scorpions have very little venom, so it didn’t cause any serious harm,” he said.
Whittemore said the Wellesley fire department took custody of the scorpion, which is an unusual sight in Wellesley. “Never in my 16 years have I seen a scorpion in Wellesley,” he said.
photo of perp: http://c.o0bc.com/rf/image_609w/Boston/2011-2020/2012/06/25/Boston.com/Metro/Images/wellesley_scorpion.jpg